kanji (Fermented Mustard Water)
Kanji ka pani - Fermented Mustard Water
- 1 Carrot
- half Beetroot
- 1 Tbsp Mustard seeds (ground)
- 1 litre Water
- Black salt to taste
Recipe for Kanji ka pani
- Add all above ingredients in a jar
- Pour 1 litre water and mix
- Cover it with muslin cloth and let it ferment for 48 hours in sunlight.
- After 48 hours, taste it, add more salt if required. It should have a hint of sourness.
- Refridgerate and serve chilled.
- Add chunks of these veggies.
Points to remember:
- Kanji ka pani Can be stored up to 15 days in Refrigerator.
- Add extra mustard to Kanji ka pani if you need extra sourness.
Benefits & Advantages of having kanji or Kanji ka pani
- kanji or Kanji ka pani is good for diabetic and for weight management
- Aids digestion by stimulating growth of natural probiotics
- Promotes healthy bowel movement - it is good for your gut